Search Motel Lounge

Friday, March 25, 2011

Richard Kimble ...In Action

The Impossible Dream
Richard Kimble ...In Action
V.I.P. Vista International Recording

Hardcore lounge album with a lovely action cover and some great songs. Kimble does a Jolson Medley which includes Mammy. Yes, that's right. But he also covers My Way. You think Frank Sinatra would have closed the book on that song, but apparently every lounge singer on the planet saw this as an invitation to shoot themselves in the head. Kimble doesn't stop with My Way, he goes on to cover I've Got To Be Me, Memories AND The Impossible Dream... and he still finds the time to shoehorn a Charlie Rich Medley into the mix.

The jacket notes state that "America has acquired another undiscovered super star". To dream the impossible dream... that's what America is all about.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I played the drums for Richard in 77-78. As a young 18 y.o. I learned alot from that experience. The man could definitely sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's my neighbor I'm so blessed to have met him. He loves my doc Molly, I had no idea he was so talented. I'm amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Cheyenna Branch and I have all Richards photos I would like to get to his family I was his neighbor in 2016 when they made him leave his property I let him stay with me, when he left he left some photos in which I have held onto since, I recently found out Richards passed away,I would love nothing more than to give the photos back to the family. Richard was a loving and one of a kind soul, it was a pleasure to cross paths with him. You can email me at cheyennalynn.937@gmail.com or call 937-304-6087 Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are blessed to find your message Cheyenna through the wonders of the Internet�� We are Richard’s 3 daughters and would be eternally grateful for the photos of our father you have so kindly held on to. Will phone and message you!! Many thanks to you for helping our father and holding his photos for us, bless you ❤️

    ReplyDelete