Search Motel Lounge

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Message From Goat Hill

A Message From Goat Hill
A Message From Goat Hill
Jack Reidling Solo Piano
JEL Studios - 1984

I bought this album because I like the strange cover art.

From the back cover: In my work I make piano music at cocktail lounges, bars, churches, concert halls, stadiums, Disneyland, in living rooms, and on boats.

Disneyland?!! This is going to be a great lounge record!

Now listen to the sample track I've posted. It's the last track on the B side. This music is way too sophisticated for Disneyland.

Good stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Mark,
    The wierd cover art is an aerial photo of Costa Mesa near South Coast Plaza back before the development of the OC Performing Arts Center. The drawing is by the artist. Goat Hill is what Costa Mesa use to be called before incorporation. The artist passed in 2011, and was my father. I know he would be proud to be posted on your blog, and I too thought the cover was weird when he made it. There aren't many of these albums around, hope you enjoy it! He has recorded with many others, just google and you'll find more of his work.
    Thanks for the Blog.

    ReplyDelete