Search Motel Lounge

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Quartet Robledo

Miento
Trio Robledo

Here we have a great oddball record! Not because of the music. No, the music is delightful. It this case, what is unusual about the project is the cover.

There is no title on the cover. The name of the group is written in pen as "Trio Robledo". But on the back cover the group refers to themselves as "Quartet Robledo"

Details, details. What really makes the LP cover fun is that "Taco Ed's" Restaurant (located in Defiance Ohio) backed the record. Apparently, according to the notes, Robledo played Taco Ed's for six years. Eddie L. Bernal (Taco Ed) loved them so much (and why not, they are very good) that he planned to have them "appear at all Taco Ed's Grand Openings in malls and free standing restaurants".

The album is a charming piece of local, Defiance memorabilia.

Taco Ed went into chapter 11 in 1984 because Taco Ed was caught trying to defraud investors.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Felipe Guerrero Ortega, and i would like to find the full vinyl, that's because the Robledo Quartet was formed by my maternal grand uncles. I would like to find it the complete vinyl because my grandmother would like to listen to it again, the vinyl we got at home is in bad condition, unfortunately we are unable to find another record because three of the four members have already passed away.
    Thank you
    Felipe Guerrero Ortega
    Guadalajara, Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this album from there too. Just found it in an old house I bought with a few hundred records. Una noche en taco Ed's.

      Delete
    2. Idk witch 3 members passed. I know only 2 of my uncles have passed. My dad and his brother Juan are still living.

      Delete
    3. I have an original album. My grandfather was Taco Ed

      Delete
  2. Ryan Preston
    I have a copy of this record. You can contact me ryanpatrickpreston@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a very good copy vinyl in mint condition here at Janie's record shop in San Antonio, Tx. interested call 210-735-2070

    ReplyDelete